Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting. ~Sun Tzu




Today we traveled across town to the headquarters of our Asian Company (DataCraft Asia). Singapore reminds me of any major American city except it is ultimately clean and green! We had a Green moment today where all of the lights in the office were turned off from 1-2:20PM today.

Singapore is an island (actually 63 islands) that is almost 300 square miles in area ( it was only 224 in 1960 and is forecasted to grow by another 40 by 2030). This area is slightly more than 3.5 times the size of Washington, DC and is one of the only city-states in the world. The population is roughly 4.6 million but it does not cramped or crowded. Many of you know my passion for FREEDOM so of course I need to understand the context here. They do have a representative democracy even though they are recognized as being a parliamentary republic. The People's Action Party (PAP) has won control of parliament in every election since they became self governing in 1959. I wonder…. When someone creates rumors about this party… is that a PAP smear campaign? Anyway… they finally achieved their own sovereignty on August 9, 1965.
It is hot and humid. Normal temperatures all year long are between 72-93F. Average humidity however is 90% in the morning and 60% in the afternoon.

We had productive meetings but I have tried to get horizontal as soon as the work day is over to allow my back to relax. Everyday gets a bit better.

I did have a special treat this morning- I got to talk to Jolie for the first time since I left on Friday. She shared with me that Nathan climbed a tree and got up so high that she almost had to call the fire dept to get him down! He was stuck. Fortunately our neighbor is an arborist and had all the ladders and buckets necessary to get him down. He could not figure out why his mom could just not catch him. I needed that story today. That is all for now. Check in tomorrow for more.

No comments:

We were on TV!


View My Stats