Well my friends... tis time for the next adverture of Where in the world!
Not alot has happened since we last spoke but let me highlight any critical developments. I went to Maine to help get my parents place opened for the summer last saturday. They still had knee deep snow in places. In fact it was a nice father and son adventure. I took nathan with me and we could not even get into the drive way. So... being prepared for that we started shoveling. Have way through the 2 foot deep snow and POW! then !^&*^%#$@#@!* By back something in my back gave out...popped... and put me on my knees. Here is where it gets frustrating for people who know me.... I was only half done... you guessed it...i gutted out the rest of the entry to the drive and then hiked up the drive and got into the house. I layed down on the floor (BAD VERY VERY BAD idea) to gain some relief. Nathan was afraid. I made some phone calls and then tried to get up... it took me 30 minutes of breathing and gutting it out before I could stand. I knew it was not good. I drove back to NH and went to the ER. They gave me steroids (so I will not be able to play baseball), a muscle relaxant and a pain killer. I have been working from home this week and every day gets a little better.
So, 6 days later, I will board a plan in Boston due for Singapore some 20+ hours later.... did I mention it will be economy? Did I mention that I saved some pain meds?
So long for now. I try my best to track daily with my trip.
Regards,
Scott Whitten
By working on knowledge, skill, and desire, we can break through to new levels of personal effectiveness as we break with old paradigms. All three components must be present. ~Stephen R. Covey
www.myspace.com/witbits
www.linkedin.com/in/scottwhitten

No comments:
Post a Comment