Wow. I left my home on Friday morning @ 7:00AM. I received a call from United letting me know that my flight was on schedule and everything was good on the way to the airport. When I arrived I was informed that my flight was cancelled. That meant that the seats I had selected for legroom were also gone. The flight they booked me on actually was leaving before my original. Instead of flying to Chicago then to Tokyo, I had to fly to San Francisco. When I arrived (Friday 3PM) I was informed that my flight would not leave until the next day. After we dropped the flight crew off at a Hilton Double Tree, the shuttle took us to a red roof hotel.
On Saturday I left the hotel at 7:30 AM and arrived at the airport only to find that there was no one at the ticket counter. Instead of flying to Tokyo I was flying to Hong Kong but my flight was delayed. Finally we departed for Hong Kong where I anticipated having a two hour layover. This was not too bad because I figured it would give be plenty of time to get through customs etc. We guess what… rather than departing Hong Kong for Singapore @ 8PM on Sunday… my flight was delayed take off until after 1AM on Monday. This put me into Singapore at 3:30AM Monday. Upon leaving the gate I had to walk down a path between guards armed with machine guns.
I was greatly relieved to finally be there. Now all I had to do was make it to the hotel and maybe I could get a nap before having to be coherent- Monday is the start of my meetings and I have not had any sleep since my red roof experience and my back was spasm ing like crazy after standing for hours at a time in line and sitting for hours flying. Never the less I got to the hotel with out a problem and swiped my credit card for the toll. I tried to check in only to realize that sometime in the past 3 min my credit card company had deactivated my card due to Fraud/Security alert. Now picture this…. I stink… I am sweaty (it is hot and humid and I am tired and in pain)…. All I want is a shower and a bed … it is early in the morning I have no way to get a hold of anyone and my credit card company is not cooperating. The amount of cash I had in my pocket was not enough for even one night! Finally @ 6 AM they had mercy on me and took all the money I did have and let me check in…. I have yet to talk to my wonderful bride! But she knows I am here in Room 1239... can you see me? ![]()
Tune in tomorrow to discover how Monday went. I am going to bed!
Tomorrow will be the start of a new mindset and intestinal fortitude!

No comments:
Post a Comment