I'll tell you right off the top that this is a quote from George Burns.
Today I completed my pilgrimage from "sea to shining sea'. It was cloudy. I wore my Crocs today and waded out into the water. The cool thing was my LL Bean Khaki's are water resistant and never got wet! Anyway the water was about 63F (compared to Hampton Beach, NH 40F).
Tomorrow I leave the hotel at 3:50 AM to catch a 6:20AM flight. Wow, an airport that has free wireless. I got up @2AM and headed to the airport only to have to wait for the ticket counters to open. It was the latest timeslot the shuttle had open. Last night I got on the elevator and smelled something very familiar but I could not place it…. I got off and looked on the street and it was musclecar heaven. Turns out there was a Good Guys Car show just up the street and what I smelled was the rich exhaust of a 1969 camaro with a blown 350 that had just unloaded. I saw Woodies, camaros, rat rods…. Had I known they were here this weekend I might have tried to stay…. No not really. I miss my wife and boys. I am headed home!
Godspeed,
Scott

1 comment:
You seem to be traveling a lot... all over... I hope you are happy and safe!
Take Care!!
Tab
Post a Comment