I was mowing my lawn today and listening to this song. It was one of those special moments when you "tunnel" back through the years and you end up at a very special moment in time in a very special place with very special people. I am grateful for these memories although they seem way to far away.
As I recall, it was a saturday on a holiday weekend. The temperature was a steamy 95+. We
were floating on a river and needed a drink, restroom and AC. The dock was so hot it was burning our feet. We had shirts but no shoes (ok those who used the restroom had shoes - I hope. I did not on both counts). We walked in and this song was playing on the jukebox. It was a happy moment in my life being married (but with one child in someone elses care), being carefree with friends. We were here: 40° 55.937'N 90° 56.899'W look it up. I am thankful for these two people in our lives. Interestingly enough, we went to a Jeff Foxworthy concert the night after one of the darkest days in our marriage. We needed it- they were there. It has been a very long time since we spent time with them, but they still hold a special place in our family.
were floating on a river and needed a drink, restroom and AC. The dock was so hot it was burning our feet. We had shirts but no shoes (ok those who used the restroom had shoes - I hope. I did not on both counts). We walked in and this song was playing on the jukebox. It was a happy moment in my life being married (but with one child in someone elses care), being carefree with friends. We were here: 40° 55.937'N 90° 56.899'W look it up. I am thankful for these two people in our lives. Interestingly enough, we went to a Jeff Foxworthy concert the night after one of the darkest days in our marriage. We needed it- they were there. It has been a very long time since we spent time with them, but they still hold a special place in our family.Are you focused on soaking up these times and building these kind of friendships? Do you recognize them?
Godspeed,
Scott

No comments:
Post a Comment