I know the title seems odd today… Stick with me. I returned home on Saturday evening at around 9PM. It is so good to be home. I am anxious for my family to return from Spring Break- I have missed them. On the way out my trip was a disaster as I had to fly around a typhoon. On the way back I had to dodge a cyclone. It is so interesting to me how God knows just what I need. I left the hotel at about 4AM on Saturday Singapore time and flew to Tokyo (6 hours). I then quickly got on a plane headed to Washington DC (20 hours). I was concerned because I only had 40 minutes to get through immigration, collect my bags, go through customs, re check my back, re go through security and then run down the concourse to the regional jet gates. Long story short… I made it to the gate just as it was about to board. I was tired. I had to go to the bathroom. And I really just wanted to sit still for a bit. Anyway I boarded and we pushed back and the engines died and the batteries died and we were stranded on the runway without AC or any power (it was 88 degrees). They fetched us and drug us back to the gate. We unloaded and it turned out to be a nice 60 min delay. I enjoyed it really.
Now…. Ken Lee….. So during my excursion to Asia, it was pretty common to have a guy and girl singing classic 80-90 music in restaurants, hotels, lobbies etc. One of them sang the a song by Mariah Carey called I can't live. The chorus should be:
I can't live
If living is without you
I can't live
I can't give any more
Can't live
If living is without you
Can't give
I can't give any more
What we heard was:
I Ken Lee
If lee is without you
I Ken Lee
I ken gib any more
Ken Lee
If lee is without you
Ken gib
Ken gib any more
Some of the people asked her about the words and she insisted it was Ken Lee instead of Can't live. At any rate, it is good to be home!
Godspeed,
Scott

No comments:
Post a Comment