As many of you know, on September 8 I started an expedition here in New Hampshire. I can't tell you where I will be expediting to (is that right?) or even my target arrival date but I can tell you, with all sincerity that this is the most beautiful Autumn I have ever seen! This summer I conquered a couple mountains and "hills" in Maine and New Hampshire. I have spent a lot of time in cemeteries reading cool headstones. The most interesting headstone I have come across was extremely old (1700's) and had the family name…born… died…. And then this:
"I was once standing where you now stand."
That could be a little creepy but I have to tell you that I look at it more as a lineage and heritage thing. Anyway, I have a tender spot in my heart for Scots and there are a lot of them that settled New Hampshire in the early 1700 (since the English were too scared they sent the Scots).
My beautiful wife and my boys and I are settling in nicely to our new community. WE LOVE IT. Finally a place that feels like home. We will be traveling back to Indiana for Christmas (dates to come).
Let me hear from you: scott "dot" w "dot" whitten "at" gmail "dot" com





No comments:
Post a Comment