Monday, September 8, 2008

I think I will have to rename my blog...

I have had an absolutely crazy week. I worked 12-16 hour days Tuesday-Sunday. I had a workshop all day every day this week. It was to start a 9 this morning. I got there are my normal time of 6:45 and started prepping for the meeting. My attendees started arriving and my boss walks in about 8 and asks me for a couple minutes.
That is really as long as it takes to say you are terminated effective immediately.



I was (am) in shock. I asked for the courtesy of an explanation. He refused and the HR lady (nice as she is) was quick to remind me my employment was at will.


Now I face the tough task... How do you tell your wife something like that? How do I tell my kids that I no longer have a job. I did not see this coming at all. My reviews were good. My colleagues that I work with on a daily basis seemed complimentary. Several contacted me today to offer their thoughts. Perhaps the most meaningful was a call from the other side of the world that said: God is in control and has something in store for you.

I am stunned. I am numb. I would cry but I can't quite focus.

Based on the reader feedback (virtually none) it is unlikely that these heart wrenching thoughts will even be read. None the less there is something therapudic about it. I guess this is where I can say if you have seen me recently I could stand to be down sized.

Godspeed,
Thank you,
And Good Night ~ Scott

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Don't worry,

This has not fallen on deaf ears. We're praying for you and your family. God Bless

We were on TV!


View My Stats